For children ages 5-13, held for four weeks during the summer. Begins the first week school is out of session and continues for four consecutive weeks. The purpose is to provide therapeutic activities for children with socio-emotional problems. Children identify behavioral goals such as staying on task, responding positively to adults, keeping hands and feet to self and using adaptive coping skills rather than acting out when angry are some examples. Over the years, we have had 20-25 children per week.
A Summer Camp Day program to help children with behavior and socio-emotional problems develop and improve
pro-social behaviors. Children are helped to identify deficits and set goals for themselves.
A safe place for children with a therapeutic component for those in need of anger management, social skills, self-esteem-building, mentoring, and therapeutic activities such as art, yoga, and sports activities will be included. Individual therapy will be conducted for those in need. Behavioral health insurance will be used for group and individual sessions. Space is limited; register early!
- Sonia Hinds, APRN-BC, RPT– Director and Camp Nurse
- LaShann Freeman, M.Ed., LCPC, NCC, RPT
- Rodney Roundtree Jr., Ed.D., NCC, LCPC
- (3) Senior Camp counselors (College students with camp experience)
- (3) Junior Camp assistants (high school students, ages 16 or older)
*Recreation Therapy college student with experience in need of summer job is needed.
*Psychology, special education and counseling majors in need of internship for school requirements needed.
- See brochure for scheduled dates and cost.
- Behavioral health insurance is charged in addition to the above fees, for clinical services provided at the camp.
Limited Scholarships are provided for those in need.
Your child may attend all four weeks or any week of your choosing for this summer camp program.